Be quick: Deadline for applications: 5pm Monday 25 September 2017!
Film London, Arts Council England and The Fenton Arts Trust present The FLAMIN Fellowship, a major new scheme for early career artist filmmakers living in England. Part of Film London Artists’ Moving Image Network (FLAMIN), the Fellowship aims to support the most exciting, innovative and challenging moving image practices from filmmakers at the early stages of their careers, with development and funding for new work.
The FLAMIN Fellowship will support six artists at the early stages of their career, each with projects that they would like to develop.
The programme will offer each artist:
- A programme of workshops covering key areas around sustaining artistic practice, addressing the particular context of the moving image as a medium.
- Mentoring sessions with an experienced production advisor.
- Seed production finance of £2,500 for a specific project.
- Introduction to different production models.
- Promotion through representation in a touring screening programme, online profile and work-in-progress screenings presented to curators and potential future supporters.
- The benefits of being embedded in a peer group.
- Applicants must have a track record of working with moving image, and whose moving image work has been shown in an art world context previously.
- Applicants have an innovative proposal for a new piece of moving image work, at concept stage, or in development.
- Applicants must have an English address.
- If applicants have completed undergraduate education, they must have graduated between two and seven years ago and must not be a student currently. Applicants do not have to have completed higher education to be eligible for the course.
- Any approach to the moving image is welcomed, we are looking for artists who are committed to experimenting with the medium, with an innovative practice.
- We will accept moving image projects in all forms including installation, multi channel video and digital projects.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 5pm Monday 25 September 2017
FLAMIN will host a ‘How to Apply’ event at the Whitechapel Gallery, on Wednesday 13 September from 11:30am. To reserve a free place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the guidelines and FAQs here.